A lot of tall women are very self concious about their height and try to hide it by slouching and not standing up straight. While we think you should take pride in your height and ‘stand tall’, there are certain style tips which will help take the emphasis of your percieved height. Here are our top 5 style tips for tall women in this situation:
1. Avoid vertical stripes and long zips which both add to your perceived height.
2. Tops with patterns look good on tall women and are known to detract from your height. Any pattern will do, large or small! Wearing the same colour for your top and your trousers or skirt will make you look taller. If you want to avoid this, you should have different colours for your top half and bottom half.
3. Separate the top from the bottom. If you like baggy clothes, always mix them with tight clothes. i.e if you are wearing a baggy loose top then wear tight trousers or leggings. If you are going to wear baggy trousers then wear them with a tight fitted top. This rule applies to anyone really and not just tall women.
4. Go for dresses with belted or tighter fitted waists. This is because highlighting your waist will break up the long lines and make you look more in proportion.
5. Long scarves and heavy jewellery will accentuate your height. Avoid if you don’t want this to happen.
Over the last century the average height of men and women in England has increased. This is partly due to genetics and partly due to improved medical care and improved… Read more »